The Interim Youth and Family Ministry Coordinator is a part-time administrative position, averaging 20-25 hours per week, within Immanuel Lutheran Church in Pflugerville, Texas. The initial term for this position is 12 months.
Responsibilities include planning, organizing, and promoting Christian youth and family programs, and coordinating the efforts of adult volunteers.
- Spiritual faith in accordance with the teachings of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
- Understanding of Lutheran doctrine, Church liturgical seasons, traditions, and practices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience coordinating the work of multiple adult volunteers
- Excellent communication skills, using email, website, social media, printed and electronic newsletters, bulletin boards, etc.
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prepare and stay within a budget
- Proficiency in MS office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint; must pass an MS Office skills test
- Ability to work independently
- Organized yet flexible, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Basic desktop publishing and social media experience a plus
- High school diploma or GED required; post-secondary certificate or degree preferred
- Education or training experience preferred
- Youth and Family ministry experience preferred
Qualified candidates may send resumes, references, and letters of interest to
These documents can also be mailed or delivered in person to:
Immanuel Lutheran Church
500 Immanuel Road
Pflugerville, TX 78660
PDF version of the above posting: Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator Job Posting