Full-time facilities coordinator for church, day school, and property. Salaried position with great pay and benefits. Resume is required and must be submitted to Melissa Sjolander at email@example.com.
● Inspect buildings’ structures and equipment to determine the need for repairs and renovations; provide recommendations for Church Council approval; solicit bids as needed
● Manage building and equipment maintenance schedules
● Plan and coordinate installations and refurbishments (telecommunications, heat, electricity, etc.), working in conjunction with necessary committees
● Monitor HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems performance; ensure systems are operating optimally; coordinate with external vendors as needed for maintenance and repairs
● Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
● Maintain parts inventory (janitorial and facilities supplies)
● Respond to urgent maintenance calls
● Liaison to property and cemetery committees
● Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings
● Maintain maintenance tracking report
● Test building security systems and prepare for emergencies by creating action plans
● Assist in planning for the future building space and supply needs of the church and school; allocate office space according to needs, working with the Facilities Administrator
● Communicate regularly with vendors
● Ensure annual inspections for gas lines, elevators, fire suppression system, and other equipment are completed; file required documentation with local and state agencies
● Identify grave locations for burials or tombstone placement
● Work with Facilities Administrator to create facilities manual; map breakers, HVAC, gas and water lines, etc.
● Other duties as assigned
● Some evening or weekend hours may be required occasionally to serve additional needs of the church.
● Ability to stay organized while multi-tasking and work well in a fast-paced environment.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
Christian Commitment: Be a believing and practicing Christian motivated by the ideals of Christian service.
Stability of Character: Have a sense of responsibility; be punctual, flexible, and dependable.
Skills and Qualifications
● Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
● Ability to lift 75 pounds
● Standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
● Climb ladders up to 20 feet in height with assistance
● Use of power tools
● Ability to climb on roof tops with safety equipment
● Experience as a team player and the ability to relate to others with good interpersonal skills; ability to work with staff and volunteers, various age groups, and a diversity of talent