All ladies of Immanuel are invited to attend the WELCA Capital North/South Conference on March 2.
The theme of the event is “God, Our Wireless Connection” based on James 5:16b.
Come at 8:30 am for coffee and goodies. Agenda items and times are as follow:
- 8:30 am – Refreshments
- 9:00 am – Opening with music by Sotaria
- 9:15 am Welcome by ILC unit President Dana Leary
Announcements, roll call of churches, purpose statement lead by Janelle Hebbe,
Capital North Conference Coordinator
- 9:30 am – Bible Study, Katie Wegner, Vicar Hutto Lutheran Church
- 10:15 am – Break
- 10:30 am – Speakers from Refugee Services of Texas, Austin
- 11:30 am – Synodical Board Presentation and 32 nd Synodical Convention presentation by Becky Boyer
- 12:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Business meeting
- 1:30 pm – Choice of chair yoga or construction of dog toys
- 2:30 pm – Closing Worship
Registration forms are provided on the WELCA bulletin board. A registration table will be set up in the hallway near the lower narthex on February 3 along with temple talks same day. Our project cause is Refugee Services of Texas, Austin. These are the items we are collecting:
- Gift Cards ($10, $25, %50): HEB & Walmart
- Hygiene products: deodorant, hair brush, travel Q-tips (no feminine products needed)
- Baby wipes & Diapers (newborn – size 6)
- Women’s leggings (S, M, L)
- Men’s sweatpants (S, M, L)
If you are not able to come to the event but would like to give, there will be a box in the WELCA room to place your donation.
Contact Janelle Hebbe with questions