During January and February, the Women of the ELCA will be collecting items needed for Lutheran World Relief Baby Care Kits.
We hope you will consider donating some of the kit pieces listed below. The items requested provide only the basic items that will help a mother keep her baby warm, clothed, and clean.
Clothing items must be for sizes 6 months – 24 months; they don’t have to be new as gently used, clean items (no stains or tears) can
be substituted for new items so feel free to purchase items at Salvation Army, Goodwill or a garage sale.
- Lightweight cotton t-shirts (No onesies; however, if you donate onesies, WELCA members will cut and hem into shirts)
- Long or short sleeved gowns/sleepers without feet (Top and pant sets or pajamas sets may be substituted for gowns/sleepers;
sleepers with feet can be donated and WELCA members will cut off the feet and hem the legs)
- Receiving blankets, medium-weight cotton or flannel, or crocheted or knitted with lightweight yarn, up to 52″ square (Fleece blankets are no longer accepted)
- Cloth diapers (Walmart and Amazon have Gerber 10 pack cloth diapers for approximately $12; You can also sew diapers from flannel material or old t-shirt – For instructions visit https://lwr.org/downloads/diaper-tip-sheet
- Hand towels, dark color recommended
- Bath-size bars of gentle soap, in original wrapping
- Diaper pins or large safety pins
For more information on Baby Care Kits please visit
Donations can be dropped off in the WELCA Room.
Thank you for SERVING OTHERS.