Immanuel Lutheran Day School is a ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church, Pflugerville, Texas, a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. ILDS serves families of the Pflugerville and Greater Austin communities with full-time programming for children, infants through pre-kindergarten. ILDS is a vibrant, Christian faith-filled community. We are seeking a Director to lead and manage our school. The Director will build and maintain a program that develops the whole child, sparks imagination, builds self-esteem, fosters learning through play, develops an attitude of service, and enables children to grow in a Christ-centered environment. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume with references to:
Rev. Tom Kesselring, Senior Pastor
ATTN: Day School Board
Immanuel Lutheran Church
500 Immanuel Road
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Ms. Tera Stubblefield, ILDS Board President
Interviews will be conducted by members of the Immanuel Lutheran Day School Board.
Salary and Schedule
- Starting Salary dependent upon experience
- Benefits available
- Paid school holidays/vacation
Knowledge/ Skills Required
- 12 or more Early Childhood Education (ECE) units, and 3 or more units in administration or staff relations coursework;
- 4 years experience in a preschool or child care setting with human resource and/or management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to young children, teachers, and parents
- Ability to manage a budget and create financial statements
- A strong Christian faith and passion for Christian education
The day school director is responsible for the success of all Day School programs. She or he will ensure that there is a caring, safe and Christ-centered learning environment for the children.
- Assure compliance with applicable state and county codes and regulations.
- Comply with State Licensing Child Care regulations and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Establish and maintain policies on admission, attendance, and fees as established with/by the Day School Board
- Prepare monthly reports on the status of ILDS programs for the Day School Board.
- Communicate with parents by e-mail, phone, formal and informal meetings, and newsletters.
- Maintain and enforce policies in the ILDS Handbook prepared with/by the School Board and approved by the ILC Church Council .
- Participate in professional development workshops, classes, and organizations at least once a year.
- Maintain a variety of records, including registrations, permission slips, accident reports, medical records, and teacher/staff records.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as necessary, such as answering the telephone, running errands, picking up supplies, conducting activities, helping set-up for events and driving students to activities.
- Perform related duties as deemed necessary by the ILDS board and Senior Pastor.
Supervision and Personnel
- Recruit, select and hire Day School teachers and staff in compliance with state regulations.
- Supervise and evaluate all ILDS teachers and staff.
- Plan and provide teacher/staff development opportunities and training.
- Hold teacher/staff meetings on a regular basis.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Collaborate with teachers to plan instructional activities and lessons which promote developmentally appropriate student learning.
- Oversee and evaluate the curriculum and instruction of the staff.
- Teach, educate, and monitor children as needed.
- Procure and organize instructional equipment and supplies.
- Serve as a classroom aide as needed.
Facilities and Safety
- Monitor the safety of students, staff, and facilities.
- Regularly inspect equipment and play areas to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Procure and use all required safety equipment and train staff in its use.
- Ensure that all staff is CPR and First Aid certified.
- Develop and maintain an annual budget with approval of the ILDS Board and ILC Council.
- Manage books coordinating with the ILC Financial Secretary.
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly basis for the ILDS Board and financial secretary.
Marketing and Development
- Promote a positive image of Immanuel Lutheran Day School.
- Work with the ILC Pastors and ILDS board to market and advertise the preschool.